The Forces March has rapidly become a benchmark endurance event in the UK for runners and walkers.
The event attracts ultra-marathon fans and long distance hill walkers as well as people who want to challenge themselves and be a part of something special.
Many participants find the march a very daunting challenge and most wish they had trained more for hills. However, EVERY participant looks back at the march with great fondness and memories of an incredible adventure.
The bond that forms between the individuals and teams along the way is unique. The atmosphere at the overnight camp stops is very special indeed and many friendships have been formed - Zoe Dale and Russell Gardham recently got married! They met on The Forces March 2010!
- More than 250 people have taken part in The Forces March so far
- The event has so far raised in excess of £225,000 for The Veterans Charity
- The oldest participant is 83 year old Bedford Harrier, Iva Barr
- In 2012, The Force Protection Training Flight from RAF Regt at Odiham became the first team to complete the entire march carrying 44lb packs
- RAF man Peter Whysall also became the first man to complete it solo, carrying a pack
- 5 'Forces Marchers' were selected to be Olympic Torch bearers
- It takes a team of nearly 50 people to build and run the campsites, manage the route and ensure the participants are fed, watered, safe and well